Peaceful Schools International (PSI) has two types of memberships, Regular membership, which is for any educational institution that wants to make a commitment to creating a climate of peace, and Associate membership, which is for any organization or individual that supports PSI’s mandate and work, but is not an educational institution.
All members are invited to send a representative of their organization to attend PSI’s AGM, and are subject to the rules of membership set out in PSI’s bylaws. Any member may resign their membership at any time by giving notice in writing to PSI.
If you are an organization or individual, other than an educational institution, that believes in the importance of peace education and supports PSI’s mandate and work, but is not an educational institution, you can become an Associate Member of PSI.
Individuals and organizations that are not educational institutions become Associate Members of PSI by making a financial contribution of any size to PSI’s work. All donors to PSI automatically become Associate Members of PSI, unless a specific request is made not to become a member. All PSI Associate Members will receive PSI’s monthly e-bulletin with news, tips and free resources.
All members are invited to send a representative of their organization to attend PSI’s AGM, and are subject to the rules of membership set out in PSI Bylaws. Any member may resign their membership at any time by giving notice in writing to PSI.
Peaceful Schools International recognizes the intentions, actions, and effort of schools to create a climate of peace. An educational institution can register as a member of PSI at any time as a sign of the institution’s commitment.
To apply, please download the application form: APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP 2016
There is an initial fee of $150 to join PSI. PSI is committed to working with all educational institutions that want to make a commitment to peace, regardless of ability to pay. No organization will be turned away from membership due to lack of funds. If payment of the membership fee is an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-902-420-5113 to discuss the options.
All PSI regular members receive the following:
- A detailed PSI membership guide
- A copy of one of PSI founder Hetty van Gurp’s books related to creating peaceful schools
- A PSI flag and membership certificate
- Monthly ideas for school-wide peace activities
- Access to downloadable resources in the “Members Only” section of the PSI website
- Recognition and support from PSI and other member schools
PSI regular members agree to:
- Follow through on their commitment to creating a climate of peace in their school
- Report back to PSI as often as possible on their peace-related activities (stories, photos or videos are always appreciated!)
- Support PSI’s work by paying the annual membership fee
- Keep PSI updated on new contact information